We are open to all, regardless of age, income or background and promise to give everyone an opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
Who does the YMCA seek to serve?
- Youth referred by school districts, churches and human service organizations.
- Families or adults who are temporarily out of work.
- Single parent families struggling with the absence of a parent in the family.
- Adults on a fixed income.
For what membership will assistance be given?
Our Y offers financial support for all family, adult, student and youth memberships.
How much assistance will be provided?
Financial aid is awarded based on income, number of participants in the family, and the amount of scholarship dollars available. The amount is based on guidelines from the Y- USA, which is based on USA 2015 Poverty Guidelines. Children are given first preference for any funds available.
How long will assistance continue?
Assistance is provided for one year. After one year, you must reapply if assistance is still needed.
How will you receive assistance with your membership?
- Download a financial assistance application.
- Complete the application and return it to the YMCA with verification of current income, such as IRS tax forms and any government assistance. *No application will be considered without documentation of income *
- Financial Assistance will continue as long as payments are made according to the arrangement. Once a membership is terminated for nonpayment, it is unlikely that it will be reinstated.
Who will see my information?
Your information is kept confidential and will only be seen by YMCA staff professionals.
Who furnishes the funds for Scholarships?
Funds are provided by our members and partners who give to our Annual Campaign for Youth and the United Way throughout the year.