Youth Center Associate
The Lawrence County YMCA is currently hiring for a Youth Center Associate for the summer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the youth attending the Youth Lounge Monday-Friday 1-7PM
- Be responsible for the care, safety, and well-being of the children at all times
- Ensure that all YMCA youth participants are signed in and out
- Interact with YMCA youth participants
- Plan and organize activities for the participants in attendance
- Be responsible for Youth Lounge equipment and oversee the usage of it
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Certification (G.E.D.)
- Ability to communicate with children effectively
- Good use of discretion and disciplinary judgment
- Ability to use creative thinking when designing ideas for recreations
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Initiative, including both independent and discriminatory judgment
- Previous experience working with children and teens
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Y provides equal opportunity in employment to all staff members and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age or other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity applies to all facets of employment, pre-employment and the terms and conditions of employment, as well as discharge from employment.
The Y operates in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies or Agencies.