Top Spin Volleyball
Kids & Teens
The Top Spin Volleyball Club program is designed to address the development of youth volleyball in Lawrence and surrounding counties. The club is operated by the New Castle Y and Y-Zone. The New Castle Y is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. All practices, trainings, and tryouts for the Top Spin Volleyball Club will take place at the Y-Zone.
It is the intention of our club administrators and coaches to provide a safe and controlled environment to foster the growth and development of volleyball in our community. Further, we intend to provide a program that will encourage success and character development for our players. Success will not be measured solely by performance on the court, but also actions and performance off the court.
Our club is registered through USA Volleyball and we are a member of the Ohio Valley Region (OVR) for tournament play. Our mission is to continue providing a program with a balance between high-quality training and competition while keeping the costs affordable to our families. Please continue to view sections of our website for additional information.
If you have any specific questions not answered by the searching our website please feel free to contact us at 724-658-9211 or email on our home page and thank you for your support of the Top Spin Volleyball Club!
Being apart of Top Spin Volleyball includes the benefits below:
- Experienced Coaching – Every Top Spin Volleyball team is coached by a qualified and certified coach with several years of experience.
- Training Time – Each team will have 2 hours of practice time 2 nights during the week, and optional weekend practices.
- Tournament Play – Each Top Spin team will play four to five tournaments throughout the season. Teams may be registered for additional tournaments if deemed appropriate as the season progresses. We will do our best to register each team for tournaments at the Y-Zone but due to availability some may require regional travel.
- Uniforms – The uniforms provided to each player are of high-quality and include a jersey and shorts.
- Optional Team Conditioning – Once per month each team will be eligible for a training session in the Y-Zone wellness center. One of the YMCA wellness coaches will take the team through an exercise routine to help build players strength and endurance.
The club administrators and coaches will continue to add more benefits as the club grows. If you have questions or suggestions regarding membership to the Top Spin Volleyball Club please contact the Yzone administration.
TRY OUT INFORMAITON
*dates subject to change
Tryout dates for the 2019-2020 season will be announced soon! The cost for tryouts is $15 for all three sessions. It is not required for players to attend all sessions, although highly encouraged! We understand some of you may prior commitments on some of these days and won't be able to make it to every session. PIAA state finals are on the 17th, this means the OVR allows us to do tryouts no earlier than November 18th.
All tryout sessions are at the Y-Zone, located at 428 Eleanor Drive New Castle, PA 16105. ALL PLAYERS are required to have at least a "try out membership" to the OVR to participate in tryouts. This tryout membership does cost an additional $10 that is paid directly to the OVR (and can be upgraded to a full OVR membership if you do decide to participate in full this season). The link to register for the OVR is here: https://www.ovr.org/register/female-junior.php. This page also has a step by step of "how to" register.
2019-2020 Tryout dates are as follows:
For questions or concerns, email Mike Dean
To register for tryouts, call the Y-Zone at 724-658-9211!